Key Verse

Isaiah 60:1- Arise [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you-rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of hte Lord), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you! (Amplified Version)

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Memorial Writing for Chassidy

I tried copying and pasting this on Facebook, but for some reason it was messing up.  But here's what I wrote in memory of Chassidy, my dear friend.

In just five years as a Christian, Chassidy has changed the lives of many people for Christ. She’s brought many to Christ, and on a personal note here, she’s taught me a lot in the past seven months that I’ve known her.

I met Chassidy online after her friend, showed her our Arise Ministries Facebook page. She contacted me and shared her awesome testimony of how God turned her life around. She wanted to get involved in the ministry and help out, and so she did. She would contact me at least once a week and we became like sisters. She shared a lot of her “talks” with me, as I did my own with her. She has prophesied over my life as well as my church and I’ve seen them come to pass, and I am waiting for the others to be fulfilled. She’s such an amazing young woman and I’m so glad God placed us in each other’s pathway-I like to call them Divine Appointments.

I’ve grown so much in my walk with God since knowing her. Although we’ve never met face to face, except by webcam, and I’ve only known her for seven months, I feel like I’ve known her my entire life. From the first email, we clicked-we connected to one another. She knew just the right time to call me, skype me, or email me. I didn’t have to say a word, she knew what I was dealing with or what I had on my mind. She also knew what God was wanting me to do, and told me to step into it and have no fear.

When I heard of Chassidy’s death, I was heart broken. I questioned God, “Why? Why her? Why now?” I said, “God You’ve taken my best friend, the one who understands me like none other, besides you. God You’ve taken my helper in this ministry that You’ve called me into.

I’ve lost a lot of people near and dear to me and I know the pain of loosing someone close to you. And other than my mom’s passing in 2000, this is the hardest. I feel so blessed having known her--but at the same time I feel hurt because it was such a short time. But instead of dwelling on all the unanswered questions that run through my mind, I dwell on the life she led for Christ. I dwell on the fact that she ran a race for Christ and finished it and made her Heavenly Father so proud of her. (2 Timothy 4:7-8)

Chassidy has touched so many lives. She had many Divine Appointments. Many people crossed her path and she made an impact on each and every one of them. I feel in my heart, that even though she’s gone from this life, her legacy will live on and does in the lives of those she has impacted for Christ. When she passed from this life I feel God said, “Well done, My daughter! You did what I called you to do.” (Matthew 25:21) God was and is so proud of His little girl. She has fulfilled her purpose in this life.

The LOVE of God drew Chassidy to Christ. Chassidy, in turn showed love to others. Love drew them to her, which led them to the Ultimate LOVE-GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment