Key Verse

Isaiah 60:1- Arise [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you-rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of hte Lord), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you! (Amplified Version)

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

PEACE: Not As The World Gives

 I recieve daily emails from Joel Osteen and as I read today's devotional, I immediately knew it was meant for someone who might be going through something right now.  I've added a little bit to it and went a little more in depth with it and I pray that this helps someone as it has me.  May God speak to your heart.  Open your heart and let God take and embrace you in His arms as you deal with whatever you may be dealing with today or this week, or even next year.  Remember, we are here for you if you need us.  Give us call and we will be glad to talk to you or just listen.  If you need prayer, we will pray for you.  Ask for Minda 573-421-5024

PEACE: Not As The World Gives

John 14:27- Peace I leave with you, My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.] (Amp)

So many people today are in search for true, inner PEACE.  They search through relationships, addictions, money, religion, etc to find something that will fill the void inside.  I myself, don't rely on RELIGION to give me peace.  I could never find PEACE in RELIGION...no one will be able to.  True peace isn't found in anything this world has to offer.  This true peace can only be found thorugh a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  Only He can satisfy the longing in our souls and give us true, lasting peace.

In this world, Peace doesn't come without a price.  To get peace, in this world we have to fight wars.  We have to endure things.  But according to the Word of God, TRUE EVERLASTING PEACE through Christ is FREE!  You can't earn it and you can't buy it.  There's absolutely no catch, no fine print and no strings attached!  And you can rest assured that He is never going to take His Peace away, His peace is eternal!  A life of peace, true peace begins when you invite Jesus into your life and let Him be your Lord and Savior!  Why do I need to give Christ my life?  Why do I need to ask Him to come in?  Simple.  God created you, you are His creation.  If you created something, wouldn't you want the credit for it?  I, myself am a photographer on the side, and if someone took my work, I would be a little upset because I worked so hard and did so much on my creation by editing, cropping, etc.  Well God does the same to us.  He created us, He sent Jesus to die on the cross for our sins.  He knows what He's doing, after all, He created us the way we are for a reason.  We may not know why we are the way we are, or why things happen to us, but it's all going to be okay.  Trust me. I've had so much happen in my life and I've heard many more stories of worse things that people went through and they made it out----with God's help! 

As you align your thoughts, attitudes, and actions with His Word (The Bible, if you don't have one, contact me at 573-421-5024 and I'll do my very best to obtain one for you), that peace will flood every area of your life! Peace is how we know we are following God's plan because God's plan ALWAYS leads us to peace! 

If you're looking for peace, call upon His name.  It's the name above all names---Jesus!  Invite Him to be your Lord and Savior.  Follow His Word and allow His peace to fill every area of your life!

Prayer of Salvation:

Lord,

I come to You today, I ask You to give me this Peace.  The Peace that surpasses All Understanding!  I ask that You be the Lord of my life.  I ask that You forgive me of my past faults and failures and lead me down Your path to peace.  I know I have tried everything besides You and I long to be FREE from that false peace.  Guide me Lord, in Your ways.  Help me as I go along this journey to knowing You and I pray that You help me adjust my thoughts, attitudes and actions to what You want for me.  In Jesus' Name, AMEN

If you prayed this prayer, contact Minda at 573-421-5024 or send an email to arisetonewlife@gmail I would really love to hear from you and help you along your journey.  If you would like to talk to me on any issue you can also do the same.  

God Bless!
Minda

No comments:

Post a Comment